Monday, November 19, 2007

Frank quotes Hill

From Franky's Funhouse:

"I have a million ideas. The country can't afford them all."

--Hillary Clinton

Frank Frank Frank. If I didn't know it was you totally misunderstanding the quote, I'd be curious whether someone from your position would agree or disagree with that (obviously realistic) statement. But you got your panties in a bunch and, instead of reading the words 'million', 'them' and 'all', I bet you saw "I have ideas. The country can't afford them." Would you rather she said "I have a million ideas, I think the country can afford them all, and I'm gonna try to make that work"? Hillary says something fiscally pragmatic, and Lasee jumps down her throat.

You've managed to turn a nearly tautological comment (if the US Government tried to enact every idea for reform I have, we wouldn't be able to) into an implicit exogesis on your inability to interpret even simple quotations just by posting it on your blog. C'mon Frank: Don't you have any staffers that aren't miserable at thinking you could throw on the case?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

from wispolitcs.....always on top of those very important issues!

BILLS CIRCULATING

Sen. Lasee, LRB 2994/p2, to ban text messaging while driving.